Monday 16 September 2013

Monthly Favourites: August/September

Having recently started school this month, I have gone back to my usual routine of make-up and have also had a chance to have a play with some new products I have recently purchased. Some products have been more successful than others, but the ones I have been loving have been my holy grail for the past few weeks.

Face


After reading many reviews on this foundation, I was so excited to give it a go and it has definitely lived up to my expectations. Having only bought it a few weeks ago and had a good play with it, I have definitely fallen in love with this Rimmel foundation. It is super easy to apply and glides onto the skin to give a gooey finish that looks completely natural. I feels really natural and is not at all cakey on the skin. This foundation lasts a decent amount of time on the skin if you apply powder to set the foundation. For a cheaper option for a foundation, retailing at £6.99, I definitely recommend this for a light make-up look. Oh and I can't forget that it smells amazing, like cucumber which is a great refreshing scent for a good foundation.

Rimmel Match Perfection Light Perfecting Radiance Foundation with SPF 18 
Shade: 402 Bronze
Price: £6.99



Having never owned or tried a concealer stick, I was a little skeptical of using this Collection one. I must say that I am pleasantly surprised with the results it has given me. I like to use this concealer around my nose and on any blemishes I have. This concealer gives great coverage and hides the areas I need extra coverage really well. It is super easy to apply and I love it. One thing I do find with the concealer is that it doesn't apply very well over dry patches, so I recommend you use a more liquid concealer for this. 





Collection Cover Up Stick 
Shade: 14 Honey Beige
Price: £1.99




Cheeks



This blush has been one of my most recent purchases and I have to say that it has become my new favourite blush. I have been using it non-stop since I bought it and I have completely fallen in love with it. The shade is just perfect for the transition from summer to autumn. The blush is very easy to apply and blends in really well with the skin to produce a natural blushed cheek look. I think that the added shimmer really helps to bring out the cheeks and looks very flattering. 

MUA Blusher
Shade: Candyfloss
Price: £1.00

Hands down this has been the most impressive make-up product I have purchased in a long time. Although it is a high end product and is pretty pricey, it is definitely worth it. Before I purchased this, I had been searching for the perfect high street highlighter for a while, either the stores had no stock or I didn't like the product, I am so glad I found this highlighter. The finish is flawless and only a little product is needed to give a perfect look. Also the shade is the perfect one for a discrete but noticeable highlight along the cheekbones, bridge of the nose, cupids bow and chin. I highly recommend you purchase this if you are looking for the perfect highlighter.


M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish
Shade: Soft and Gentle
Price: £22.00



Eyes

For me, I love a very neutral eye look, but recently, I have been trying to experiment with colours. I really enjoy using this pallette because although it is along the theme of pink, it is a very neutral version. I love wearing these eyeshadows to school as these shades have been designed for brown eyes. The pigmentation is great and there is just enough shimmer to make the eyeshadow noticeable  The creme highlighter is really smooth and really pigmented to make the eye look pop.






NYC IndividualEyes Pallette
Shade: 945 Midtown Mauve
Price: £2.49






As you can probably tell, I have been loving this creme eyeshadow for a long time. It is the perfect shade to go underneath a neutral eye and is also perfect for a quick eye look. The colour pigmentation is great, you only need a little to go a long way. It also has great lasting power, even with my extremely oily eyelids, it helps the eyeshadow stay for the majority of the day. I love it!



Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr by EyeStudio
Shade: 65 Pink Gold
Price: £4.99


Lips


This lipstick has been the perfect colour for me for the transition from summer to autumn. I love how it is bright, but at the same time autumnal and dark. The formula of the MUA lipsticks is my favourite by far because they are so moisturising and glide onto the lips so easily. Also the pigmentation of this is amazing and it is perfect when paired with a neutral eye look and a neutral blush.


MUA Lipstick
Shade: 2
Price: £1.00


All Over

I was pretty skeptical of purchasing this product as I have never tried anything like it before. I had heard loads of reviews about the Urban Decay De Slick, but I had never understood the concept. I decided to try the cheaper version to get a sense of the product and I have been loving it! It is super refreshing and wakes me up in the mornings when getting ready for school. Also it smells of rasberries, which is my favourite scent of all time! This product is amazing because it definitely does what it says on the package and has great staying power for your makeup. I definitely recommend this mist for a night out, a school day or a day for work.




MUA Pro-Base Fixing Mist
Price: £5.00

I hope you have enjoyed reading my favourites for this month and have got some inspiration and tips on some new makeup that you may want to try out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment